The Basic Details
Kauffman's Fruit Farm offers free tours of our orchards and fruit processing facilities. Tours are especially suited for students and teachers interested in orcharding and tree health, food preparation, and control systems for food preparation equipment. Tours must be pre-arranged because availability varies during the growing season. Tours can last up to 1.5 hours and include observation of some or most of these activities: apple cider production, cider bottling, apple grading, apple peeling, fruit butter production, and orchards.
How To Schedule
We normally offer scheduled tours during the autumn that are first-come, first-served, and limited to 10 people in a group. Tours in other months are handled on a case-by-case basis. Interested persons may contact Lonnie Kauffman by email or by calling 717-768-7112.
Specific Details About Tours In September/October, 2014
We are pleased to once again offer complimentary tours at our market, fruit processing areas, and orchard. We’ve received nothing but positive feedback from groups and individuals who’ve been on a tour in previous years, and we are glad to continue this educational outreach to customers and potential customers. See more
We are pleased to once again offer complimentary tours at our market, fruit processing areas, and orchard. We’ve received nothing but positive feedback from groups and individuals who’ve been on tours in previous years, and we are glad to continue this educational outreach to customers and the general public. Details are as follows:
- We will offer tours each Wednesday from September 17-October 15, 2014.
- Each tour lasts roughly an hour and fifteen minutes, although you are free to leave at any time during the tour.
- The morning tours will observe apple cider production, apple peeling, apple butter production, the orchards, and possibly the apple grader.
- The afternoon tour will observe apple cider bottling, apple grading, the orchards, and apple butter bottling.
- Note – these descriptions are for a typical Wednesday’s activities but could change week to week, based on our production needs.
- Tour start times each Wednesday: 7:30, 9:00, 10:30 a.m., plus (only on some Wednesdays) 1:30 p.m.
- Group size per tour: Maximum 10 people, although we can take a few more if needed to keep a group together.
- Tours must be reserved and are first come, first served.
To reserve your tour, contact Lonnie Kauffman by email or call 717-768-7112