Complimentary Tours in 2016
Kauffman's offers free tours of our orchards and fruit processing rooms. Tours are especially suited for students and teachers interested in orcharding, tree & soil health, food preparation, and control systems for food handling equipment. Tours must be pre-arranged because availability varies during the growing season. Tours last about 1 hour and 15 minutes and include observation of some (sometimes most) of the following activities: apple cider production, cider bottling, apple grading, apple peeling, fruit butter production, and apple & peach orchards.
How To Schedule
We normally offer scheduled tours during the autumn that are first-come, first-served, and limited to 10 people in a group. Tours in other months are handled on a case-by-case basis. Interested persons may contact Lonnie Kauffman by email or by calling 717-768-7112.
Details About Tours During the 2016 Harvest
We are pleased to once again offer complimentary tours at our market,
fruit processing areas, and orchard. We’ve received nothing but
positive feedback from groups and individuals who’ve been on tours in
previous years, and we are glad to continue this educational outreach
to customers and the general public.
Details are as follows:
- We will offer tours each Wednesday from September 14-October 12, 2016.
- Each tour lasts roughly an hour and fifteen minutes, although you are free to leave at any time during the tour.
- The morning tours will observe apple cider production, apple peeling, apple butter production, the orchards, and possibly the apple grader.
- The afternoon tour will observe apple cider bottling, apple grading, the orchards, and apple butter bottling.
- Note – these descriptions are for a typical Wednesday’s activities but could change week to week based on our production needs.
- Tour start times each Wednesday: 8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., and 1:30 p.m. (note - the afternoon tour is not always available).
- Group size per tour: Maximum 10 people, although we can take a few more if needed to keep a group together.
- Tours must be reserved and are first come, first served.
To reserve your tour, contact Lonnie Kauffman by email or call 717-768-7112