Download our CSA brochure, fill it out, and mail it to us with a check.
Call us at 717-768-7112, and we'll take your credit card payment over the phone.
Stop in at our market along Rt. 340 (directions) to complete an application and payment.
Easiest Option: Buy a CSA Share online right now on our secure website. Click the red button to enroll now!
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) describes a direct food connection between our farming operation and you, the consumer. When you join our CSA program, you become a "shareholder" in the local agricultural economy for the entire growing season. “Shareholders” receive a weekly “share” of fresh, seasonal produce and other local food. Each shareholder pays a one-time subscription fee (yes, you only pay once for the food) before the growing season begins to buy a share of the harvest. For interesting reading, see the good things Local Harvest says about CSA.
The Benefits of CSA
In addition to the local, nutritious food that you will look forward to and enjoy weekly, there are also the intangible rewards of (1) becoming closer to and learning about the local agricultural community (thus experiencing a “share” of farm life), and (2) knowing that you are supporting local farmers who strive to be responsible stewards of the good earth that our Lord has entrusted us with. We, the farmers, benefit from the seasonal start-up capital that we can use immediately to pay for young trees, fertilizer, labor and other pre-harvest expenses.
Locations & Scheduling
Service Area: Most of Lancaster County
Pickup Points: New Holland, Gap, Bridgeport, and our market in Bird-in-Hand.
First delivery date: Friday, May 10, 2013
Pricing & Policies
CSA Package ("Share") Information:
• Full Share - $480. $20 worth of local food every Friday for 24 consecutive weeks.
• Half Share - $270. $20 worth of local food every other Friday over 24 weeks (a total of 12 Fridays).
• Sample Share - $100. $20 worth of local food each Friday of four consecutive weeks (your choice).
• Delivery Fees - Kauffman’s can deliver your share to any of the three pickup points at a set time each Friday for a delivery fee of $2.50/week; alternatively, you may choose to pick up your share at our market along Rt. 340, east of Bird-in-Hand. Exact locations of pickup points are arranged after the enrollment deadline, and all customers are notified of the pickup points before the first CSA delivery.
• A CSA share includes about 5-8 seasonal produce items, such as home-grown fruit from our orchard and fresh vegetables from Lancaster County farms. Occasionally, you will also receive other local products like eggs, baked goods, canned vegetables, and honey. Items are always either homegrown, locally grown, or homemade, and are never commercially produced products.
Lancaster County Fresh Foods Predicted to be in 2013 CSA Shares: